Anchoring is a method for enhancing your psychological and spiritual well-being. It can help you...
- manage burnout and stress
- quiet your mind
- increase your sense of well-being
- increase your sense of harmony with your social and physical surroundings
- get a good night's sleep
- improve performance on tasks
- become aware of how your mental processes affect your life
Anchoring involves learning to focus your attention and thereby quiet your mind. In this way it is similar to mindfulness meditation, prayer, and a variety of other methods.
Contrary to what some people think, having a quiet mind is not being zoned out, without thoughts ("clearing your mind"), or deadening your feelings. Instead, quiet-mind is observing what your senses sense, what your mind thinks, and what it is like to observe.
You can learn Anchoring with this Anchoring Tutorial, which is presented as either
The tutorial takes about 10 minutes. To gain the most benefit from the tutorial...
- work through it in a sitting position
- work through it in one session
- be as comfortable as possible
- be in a non-distracting environment (if possible)
- be in a mental state in which you are open to new ideas