Drugs, Medicines & Health
He has half the deed done who has made a beginning.
Goals for this Module
Assignments for this Module
- Define drug receptor.
- Explain physical (tissue) dependence on a drug.
- Define drug withdrawal.
- Define drug tolerance.
- List the major health consequences of cigarette smoking.
- Explain why a can of beer, a glass of wine, and a shot of hard liquor contain the same amount of alcohol.
- State how many beers consumed in an hour give a BAC of 0.08 in a 150 pound man and a 120 pound woman.
- Define "enabler" and "denial" as they pertain to alcoholic families.
National Institute on Drug Abuse...U.S. government agency dedicated to the science of drug abuse and addiction
Alcohol Problems and Solutions...Professor David Hanson, an expert in alcohol issues, educates while dispelling many commonly held myths about alcohol.
Tobacco Information and Prevention Source...from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration...U.S. government agency to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.