Weight Management, Physical Activity & Heart Disease
Words that come from the heart enter the heart
Goals for this Module
Assignments for this Module
- Describe the relationship of Body Mass Index (BMI) and health
- List the reasons calorie restricting weight-loss programs fail.
- List the seven components of sensible weight loss and management
- Describe the physical and psychological benefits of regular physical activity
- Define aerobic conditioning and strength training.
- Define "training effect" and how to achieve it.
- Describe the signs of anorexia nervosa, bulimia, and binge eating disorder
- Read: Diets Don't Work
- Read: Movement for Health
- Read: Physical Activity and Health...from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Read: College Student Physical Activity
- Read: Sensible Weight Management
- Do: Module 6 Learning Activities
Weight-control Information Network...from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Weight Management Resource List...from the U.S. Food and Nutrition Information Center
Losing Weight Safely...from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Physical Activity and Weight Control...from the Weight Information Network of the National Institutes of Health
The Exercise and Physical Fitness...research- based exercise and fitness information from the Department of Kinesiology and Health Georgia State University
Physical Fitness...from Medline Plus